Is life a series of presentations to be mastered?
My friend and communication expert Paul Barton, ABC of Paul Barton Communications LLC, says that “all the world is a stage, and life is a series of presentations – networking, job interviews, pitching an idea to a client, even trying to get your colleague to try a new place for lunch – they are all persuasive presentations.”
As I started helping Paul to promote his upcoming July workshops, “How to Speak Up and Stand Out from the Crowd,” I’m learning more about public speaking and how it can improve not only your presentation skills, but also your networking and interpersonal skills.
Here are some great articles that discuss some of the same techniques that Paul teaches in his workshop:
- “How to be a Picture Perfect Public Speaker” by Tracey Edouard
- “The Biggest Mistake You’re Making When Introducing Yourself” by Kat Boogaard
- “How to Speak Off the Cuff Like a Pro” by Anett Grant
Paul’s highly interactive workshop is about more than traditional public speaking. It’s geared toward everyday business situations with easy to remember tips, tricks and formulas to stand out from the crowd. Topics include:
- Persuasive presentations to turn heads and win hearts.
- Meaningful introductions to make a great first impression.
- Powerful storytelling techniques to make a lasting impact.
- Effective networking to be remembered.
- Improved collaboration with co-workers and clients using active listening skills.
Put your public speaking fears in the rear-view mirror! Join me at Paul’s workshop on Wednesday, July 13 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Register here.
Paul will also present this workshop in Arizona next month:
To ensure personal attention, each workshop is limited to 12 people.
Learn a unique and fun approach to “owning the room” while mastering your life’s presentations. Register today!